Search This Blog

Friday 4 March 2011

V Fest or V stressed?

Wow, the release of Willy Wonkers golden V festival tickets have been released...wait there is more than five tickets? You're fooling me. Literally no one I know has been successful in the last 40 minutes. I have been sitting here with the most agonizing gut twisting anxiety, while my two trooper best friends are going from que to que trying to get us some Eminem and Rihanna experiences. It's not looking good.

Out of the six festivals I have already been to I have thankfully only had to go through this process once before.

My first was Underage Festival in 2008 which was bought for me as a birthday present from one of my best friends. I vividly remember three things from the festival. 1. Never ever leave your house without your tickets, enough said. 2. I remember standing about a meter away from a fiery haired angel while she sang A Kiss with a Fist, I never turned back. 3. My first time watching Dizzee Rascal, his set was full of the Maths and English album. Amazing. Despite being only a day long I knew the atmosphere and music was for me.

Reading 2008
This was the grosome experience which, to this day still haunts me. My two best friends and I had know we wanted to go to Reading festival 08 since about 2007, telling everyone they should come with us and promoting it to friends. On the day of release our friends all gained tickets about 5 minutes after they up for sale. Us girls? How about an hour later after having two laptops up and two of us calling up on the phone. *shivers* But an unforgettable experience all the same.



Reading 2009
We enjoyed Reading so much we bought Early bird tickets for 2009 the day we got home. Our genius move allowed us to lay back and relax whist in about March my Facebook was clogged up with Reading statuses of who was successful or not. 






V Festival 2009
Just before Reading 09 I was lucky enough to join my best friend and her parents to a day at V festival 2009. We rushed from stage to stage in a hyped up mess trying to see everyone we could. Possibly the best part of the day was dancing to The Specials with her and her parents. Good times.





Glastonbury 2010
We then in 2009 booked our tickets for Glastonbury 2010 like a walk in the park. The whole festival was a walk in the park. Wait no, not the park, the frickin' equator. Limited water and no showers, I stunk. But those 6 days were possibly the best days of my life and I still believe no matter what, that festival will be number one in my heart. Imagination nation. I was too close to tears leaving our campsite and even thinking about when we were the last to leave the field makes we want to well up.

Greenbelt 2010
My final festival was Greenbelt Festival in 2010 and we went as the media crew and so didn't need to obtain tickets. We filmed, drank, ate pot noodles and fell in love with Bervers and her jaw dropping voice. Class. 

For the first time I have been unsuccessful, but looking back I've been more than lucky in the past. I'm leaving my faith in Glastonbury now, otherwise it will be the first time in 3 years that my summer will not be filled with babywipes, dry shampoo and our pink fandango tent. Come on Glasto, this festival girl needs her fix of live music.





No comments:

Post a Comment