Search This Blog

Sunday 6 March 2011

My new music mansion

Today I purchased an Ipod Mini off of Ebay for a bargin of £10. But what amazes me the most is how much technology has evolved in the last 6 years since my new (now chunky) ipod was the hot new model.

I remember how cool I thought I was when I bought my first CD Walkman. I bought it from Argos (as when you are younger you buy EVERYTHING from Argos, its just what you do) and was so chuffed that I had saved up that bit  of extra money to get a walkman with a changeable cover. Three-quarters of the lid would come off and you could then choose out of your three covers which to replace it with; see-through purple, red or blue. The saddest part was I chose see-through purple nearly every time cos it was super cool to watch the CD spin round and round. Hours of entertainment when you are 10 years old.  

I then moved onto my electric blue Ipod Nano which I got when I was about 14. "4gb memory...a thousand songs? Wow that's so much, I will never have that many songs!" How wrong I was. It has lasted me well, but now it is time I needed more space for songs.

Ideally I would then go on to get a nice shiny new state of the art Ipod touch and buy loads of apps and have endless room for all the songs I would ever want. But sadly I am a student. Not only that, I am a student who prefers to buy clothes rather than gadgets (those who know me will be nodding as they recall what phone I currently have). 

Yes I am downgrading, but I don't mind though. It is pink and the chunkiness will mean I will find it in my bag quicker, right? I will now be able to keep all my lovely music in one place at the one time and I couldn't be happier...all for £10. Happy days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment